Voice, guitar and doublebass blend together in a pleasant concord of harmonies giving shape to a musical evening that we tend to name “Barcarola” after Rossini’s sailing impressions of Italian summery joy. A collection of 19th century Italian songs written by Rossini, Donizetti and Verdi. Each of them is a painting on its own merit, portraying character, intimacy as well as orchestral sound.
Also part of the program are pieces from contemporary composers and master guitarists as Fernando Sor and Mauro Giuliani.
Small jewels characterised by their exuberant Italian charm and opulent Spanish passion. At the instrumental part of the program, the guitar stands out with pieces of Spanish and Latin-American composers, starting solo with music of Llobet and ending along with doublebass playing Lauro’s Venezuelan waltzes.
Last but not least the doublebass presents itself as a virtuoso solo instrument in arias arranged by Bottesini.
- Songs for soprano, guitar and contrabass by Rossini, Donizetti, Verdi en Braga.
- Italian Folksongs for soprano, guitar and contrabass.
- Songs by Fernando Sor and Mauro Giuliani.
- Instrumental works for Guitar and contrabass by Lauro and Peppino Principe
- Pieces for Contrabass and guitar by Giovanni Bottesini.